CHRP Application Procedures
Applications for CHRP grants will be accepted only online through the COPS
Office web site: www.cops.usdoj.gov. The online application materials are
scheduled to be available before the end of March, but in the interim, the COPS
Office wants to ensure that your agency has sufficient time to complete the
following required steps before the solicitation opens:
- Visit the "Account Access" portion of the COPS web site at www.cops.usdoj.gov
to determine if your agency currently has an active online account and/or
how to create one.
- Once logged into "Account Access," your agency will able to add
additional user accounts and also update your agency contact and address
- Take this time to ensure that your agency's Law Enforcement and Government
Executive information is current, and also make sure that contact
information is current for individuals submitting the CHRP grant
- If you do not remember your password or user name and need assistance with
creating an account and/or system access, call 1.800.421.6770 between 9:00
a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, or e-mail email@example.com.
- A Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number is required to submit
applications for COPS funding. A DUNS number is a unique nine-digit sequence
recognized as the universal standard for identifying and keeping track of
entities receiving federal funds. Visit www.dnb.com/us
to obtain or verify your number.
- Additionally, all applicants are required to maintain current
registrations in the Central Contractor Registration (CCR) database. The CCR
database is the repository for standard information about federal financial
assistance applicants, recipients, and sub-recipients. For more information
about how to register with the CCR, visit www.ccr.gov.
Please note that applicants must update or renew their CCR at least once per
year to maintain an active status.