CHRP Announcement Toolkit Provides Unprecedented Amount of Data for Public Review
The COPS Office has prepared a COPS Hiring Recovery Program (CHRP) Announcement Toolkit that provides additional information on how the CHRP application was created, reviewed, and final awards were selected. The Toolkit includes the final award list; CHRP applicant rankings by state; state summary sheets that include the number of agencies that applied and were awarded, dollars requested and awarded, and a list of agencies awarded; frequently asked questions and the methods used to develop and evaluate CHRP applications. One of the most dynamic features of the Toolkit is an interactive map of the United States that allows for quick and easy access to summaries of CHRP funding to each agency in the state or territory.
The COPS Office is providing an unprecedented amount of data available to the public through this Toolkit, which balances the transparency requirements of the Recovery Act and the customer service on which the COPS Office prides itself. The Recovery Act established five crucial objectives for federal agencies to ensure that:
- Recovery funds are awarded and distributed in a prompt, fair, and reasonable manner.
- The recipients and uses of all recovery funds are transparent to the public, and that the public benefits of these funds are reported clearly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Recovery funds are used for authorized purposes and every step is taken to prevent instances of fraud, waste, error, and abuse.
- Projects funded under the recovery legislation avoid unnecessary delays and cost overruns.
- Programs meet specific goals and targets, and contribute to improved performance on broad economic indicators.
This CHRP Announcement Toolkit achieves these give goals and serves as an interactive tool for which the public can access all information that is not subject to privacy concerns. The Toolkit is available through the following link: www.cops.usdoj.gov/Default.asp?Item=2208.